The new S7 medium-power mulcher series is now available.
These flail mulchers are used for forestry and green space maintenance due to their robust structure through the use of high-strength S420 steel. The result is a clean cut with higher working speeds, minimal fuel consumption, simple maintenance and long machine life. The letter "S" comes from the German "Schlägelmulcher”, which translates as flail mulcher, while the number “7” indicates the maximum diameter of the branches to be mulched, expressed in centimetres. The differences between the S7 classic and S7 dyna are as follows:
- S7 classic (ex SMO): for rear attachment only and a hydraulic linkage side-shift, with a working width from 125 to 250 cm (49 to 98 in).
- S7 dyna: reversible front, rear and reverse attachment with a dynamic hydraulic linear side-shift, with a working width from 150 to 275 cm (59 to 108 in).
Due to the high rotor speed, results are optimal even at high travel speeds of up to 10 km/h.
The features of these two new mulchers are listed below along with the differences compared to the previous SMO series:
- The two rows of tempered counter-cutters are now interchangeable and can be easily replaced in case of wear.
- The standard chassis is made of high-resistant steel S420 and can be equipped with additional interchangeable wear plates for work in more difficult conditions, making it even more resistant.
- The protective chains are combined with flaps. As such, during mulching, the flaps tilt and move the chains, creating a barrier that prevents the material from getting jammed inside the chains, allowing it to pass through and be mulched by the rotor.
- New: belt protection with deflector to reduce the risk of damage to plants and the machine itself
- The lubrication points are external and, therefore, easy to reach.
- Greater side-shift for both models. The S7 classic model with P-SHIFT linkage can be equipped with “extreme” side-shift, with the possibility to shift the mulcher sideways by up to one metre. The safety of the linkage is guaranteed by the new trapezoidal arms. The 3-point linkage is less stressed thanks to the optimised distribution of the lifting forces.
- Rear hood improvements. The chassis is slightly more closed and the hood is fitted with a new manual adjustment system allowing it to be opened directly on-site, without the need for any tools.
- The height of the robust support roller is now easier to adjust, and the 4D bearing guarantees smooth working even on rough terrain.
- Both the S7 mulchers are modular and designed to be equipped with under canopy accessories.
Mulchers in the S7 series mulch grass, branches, brush and wood up to a diameter of 7 cm (3 in). The quality of the final result is now improved by the adjustable hood and support roller, which can therefore adapt to any material. The rotor comes standard with high-quality multipurpose flails. The helical layout of the flails (HELIX rotor) ensures even power distribution. Like its predecessor, the rotor bearing system is optimised for quiet, vibration-free operation even with large working widths. SourceRead More
Volvo Trucks have now sold more than 4 300 electric trucks globally in more than 38 countries.
Last year, the number of heavy electric trucks on the roads in Europe and the United States grew faster than ever before. In Europe, Volvo Trucks is the market leader with a 32% share of the market for heavy electric trucks, and in North America, nearly half of all heavy electric trucks registered in 2022 were Volvo trucks.
In 2022 the market for heavy (≥16 tonnes) electric trucks in Europe, grew by 200% to 1,041 trucks, and Volvo Trucks holds the highest share of this market. Although, the market for electric trucks is still small, the trend is clear: many customers are now starting their own shift to electric. Volvo aims to be the catalyst for this transition and aims for 50% of their global sales of new trucks to be electric in 2030.
Since Volvo Trucks started production of fully electric trucks in 2019, the company has sold more than 4 300 electric trucks in more than 38 countries around the world. Volvo currently offers the industry´s broadest product line-up with six products in series production, catering to a very wide variety of transports in and between cities. SourceRead More